The Innovation Voucher Programme spurs collaboration between businesses and Knowledge Providers
Innovation Voucher Programme
The Innovation Voucher Programme is designed to encourage collaboration between small and medium-sized businesses in Ireland and publicly funded Knowledge Providers, including higher education institutes and public research bodies.
This initiative grants eligible companies Innovation Vouchers valued at €5,000, facilitating engagement with registered knowledge providers to address specific business challenges or explore new opportunities through innovation. Each voucher provides access to the expertise of a third-level researcher, enabling companies to develop new products, overcome technical challenges, or refine business ideas.
What is it for?
The Innovation Voucher can be utilised for various types of innovation, including:
- New product/process development
- New business model development
- New service delivery and customer interface
- Tailored training in innovation management
- Innovation/technology audits
These vouchers can be exchanged for knowledge transfer projects from registered knowledge providers. Knowledge transfer projects involve transferring scientific, technological, or innovative knowledge that is new to the business.
- Standard Voucher: Provides €5,000 and allows companies to explore business opportunities or challenges with a knowledge provider. No need to identify the knowledge provider in advance. Valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Co-funded Voucher: Also provides €5,000, with the company contributing 50% of the project costs in cash. Covers project costs up to €10,000 on a 50-50 co-funded basis. The company and knowledge provider jointly agree on the work program for the project in advance.
Who is it for?
The Innovation Vouchers initiative is open to all small and medium-sized limited companies registered in Ireland (company or group of companies with fewer than 250 full-time employees and not exceeding an annual turnover of €50m).
Companies do not need to be clients of Enterprise Ireland to apply for a voucher.
What To Expect From Us
Assessment and Analysis
Prior to application, it is crucial to thoroughly analyse and assess both the eligibility and suitability of the company or project for making the grant application and gauging the likelihood of a successful submission. This essential stage of the journey not only helps determine the appropriateness of the grant but also identifies gaps and weaknesses in the potential grant applicant. Our team conducts a call during this phase to gain a deep understanding of your business, ensuring a comprehensive assessment.
Preparation and Submission
Following the initial assessment to confirm the suitability of the application for the intended grant, our team will outline the delivery roadmap for the application. This may involve addressing document gap analysis, core development, establishing a document bank, compiling necessary documentation, and the grant writing and submission process.
We can manage your application strategy from start to finish with oversight on the process.
We are grant support experts in Domestic Grants (Irish and UK Grants) and European Grants
We will help to unlock positioning and strategy post drawdown and prior to new applications